CONGRATULATIONS!!! We are so excited for you!! Suggestions and products listed on this page are intended to help you and your pup as he/she grows up.
Bark Around the Park -
Helpful hints for you and your puppy
Take your baby pictures now! ... they grow up so quickly - especially the larger breed dogs -- these pups can gain 5 to 6 pounds in a week! Keep this in mind when you begin to purchase puppy products ... what may be great for the first couple months might not be the best product for the slightly older puppy
Teething -- Make sure you have plenty of chew toys on hand for that energetic, curious pup. Having a wide variety of toys will allow your dog to satisfy chewing urges as he or she grows. (Those chew toys around just may save the leg of your favorite table or chair!) Many pups will lose their baby teeth when they reach 4 to 5 months. If you are lucky, you may be able to find one or two of those teeth to put in your puppy scrapbook! Remember, even after the loss of puppy teeth, your pup will still continue to chew and, as with children, will put anything it finds in his or her mouth! If you find your pup is chewing on something you don't want it to, take it away and replace it with an appropriate puppy chew toy.
Your pup has a lot to learn about the people she/he will be interacting with throughout his or her life . Prepare your baby for vet and grooming visits by getting him/her used to certain touches. Start by playing with the feet! Lightly press the pads and apply a little pressure squeeze between the toes on a daily basis. This will make for a easier time when you or the groomer clips the nails. Play with your pup's ears, so she/he is not afraid when the vet does an exam or when you or the groomer cleans them.
Puppies should be examined by the vet and vaccinated frequently. Rabies vaccines are required by law, but there are other important vaccines your pup should also have. Ask your vet about micro chipping and please consider having your pup spayed or neutered.
A puppy training class is a wonderful way for you and your pup to bond. Pups naturally want to please their people, learning manners and tricks in a puppy training class will create a strong connection between you and your pup! A well socialized puppy becomes a well behaved dog. Consistency is the key!
Most of all HAVE FUN!!! Remember, when you are enjoying the time with your puppy, your puppy will be enjoying the time with you too.
2. The Heartbeat Pillow is the BEST THING EVER!! It helps keep my puppy calm and quiet so we can all get a good nights sleep!!!!!!!!!
3. The Himayalan dog chew is the best chew ever. My dog won't put it down and they last a really long time
4. The deer antler lasts a long time and keeps my dog busy and out of trouble.
6. Both me and my dog love the deer antlers. This is the first dog chew that my dog hasen't destroyed within hours of playing with it!
7. I'm sold on the Soggy Doggie door mat and shammy! With all the rain we have had this year it is amazing how much it can absorb! I make my dog sit ont he mat while I dry her off with the shammy! It's awesome! One shammy or three towels- I'm loving the shammy!
8. My dog can finish a bowl of food in 30 seconds or less -- I got the slow feeder bowl and what a difference it has made - my dog eats a lot slower now and has less stomach upset after using it
9. The kong is a wonderful invention. I fill it with peanutbutter and cookies and my dog is a happy camper!
10. My dog ate the bottom pan of her crate. I've been to all the local pet stores with no luck finding them anywhere. THANK YOU for making them available
FrostyBowlz lasts up to 14 hours at 90 degrees Fahrenheit and includes a 28 oz. heavy-gauge stainless steel bowl with the highest quality non-skid surface, a heavy-gauge stainless steel plate also with the highest quality non-skid surface
Designed with pets' safety and comfort in mind. Heavy-duty straps attach to a fully-padded vest, with a breathable inner layer for optimal pet comfort. Only FULL METAL connectors are used at all load-bearing points. The safety leash integrates with the vehicle's seat belt tensioning device, thus providing range of motion while traveling.
Portable pet containment. Conveniently folds into carrying case. Can be used outdoors, water-resistant canvas. 4 ground stakes included. Climate control on all 4 sides
The Wiggles Wags and Whiskers Freedom no-pull harness incorporates a martingale loop on the back of the harness which tightens gently around your dog’s chest to discourage pulling. The loop sits at the back of the dog between the shoulders allowing your dog to walk in a straight line without twisting or straining, while discouraging pulling by tightening gently around the chest.